This program will be held virtually on Zoom. Please use the links below to register for each session you wish to attend.
NCAIS Graduate Students will be presenting papers in a number of academic fields related to American Indian and Indigenous Studies. NCAIS faculty members and other audience members help presenters further develop their ideas and arguments through questions and constructive feedback.
REGISTRATION FOR NCAIS FACULTY AND STUDENTS IS NOW OPEN - Please individually register for each session you wish to attend by clicking on the session links below. You will be re-directed to a separate Eventbrite registration page for each individual session.
Schedule at a Glance
The full conference program with abstracts is available here.
All events in Central Standard Time and held virtually on Zoom. Links for meetings will be shared with attendees directly after they register on Eventbrite.
Tuesday, February 2
11 am – 12:30 pm: NCAIS Liaisons’ Meeting
4 pm – 5 pm: Opening Plenary Session
- Rose Miron, Director of the D’Arcy McNickle Center for American Indian and Indigenous Studies
- Keynote Address by William Bauer, Professor of History and Director of American Indian and Indigenous Studies at University of Nevada - Las Vegas
Wednesday, February 3
11 am – 12:30 pm: Concurrent Sessions
- Session 1: Kinship, Activism, and Various Forms of Resistance
- Session 2: Geographic Borders and Jurisdiction
2 pm – 3:30pm: Concurrent Sessions:
- Session 3: Adaptation, Negotiation, and Social Change
- Session 4: Storytelling in Literature, Music, and Archives
Thursday, February 4
11 am – 12:30pm: Concurrent Sessions
- Session 5: Environment and Climate Change
- Session 6: Shifting Perspectives and Understanding Indigenous Ontologies
2 pm – 3:30pm: Concurrent Sessions
If you have any questions related to the conference, or would like to receive announcements and updates about NCAIS programs through the NCAIS mailing list, please send an email request to McNickle Center Program Coordinator Sarah Jimenez at email@example.com.
The NCAIS Graduate Student Conference is only available to graduate students and faculty in NCAIS-affiliated institutions