The Blatchford Society was established to recognize those individuals who have included the Newberry in their estate planning. The society is named in honor of Chicago civic leader Eliphalet W. Blatchford (1826-1914), friend of Walter L. Newberry and the first president of the Newberry board of trustees. As co-executor of Mr. Newberry’s estate, Mr. Blatchford was steadfast in fulfilling the wishes of his friend as expressed in his will, and in turn provided for the Newberry in his own estate.
Membership in the Blatchford Society is complimentary and optional, and is open to all who have made an estate or deferred gift commitment of any amount to the Newberry. Examples of such commitments include a gift through a bequest in your will, naming the Newberry as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or trust, or creating a charitable gift annuity that provides you with income for life.
All members of the Blatchford Society receive:
- Recognition in the Newberry’s Annual Report
- Recognition on our donor wall in the lobby
- A free subscription to the Newberry’s planned giving newsletter, Foresight
- An invitation for the annual luncheon of the Blatchford Society
- Invitations to other special events at the Newberry
To join or to obtain more information about the Blatchford Society, contact Sarah Alger at (312) 255-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org..