The Newberry and the History Channel offer an engaging series of professional development seminars for Chicago-area teachers. Led by a local scholar and held at the Newberry, each full-day seminar features a “show and tell” of unique items from the Newberry’s collections, and classroom resources from the History Channel and Newberry Professional Development Programs for Teachers staff.
2012-13 seminar registration is now open
These seminars will feature:
- Pre-seminar readings on topic
- Classroom materials provided by the History Channel
- Newberry digital library collection resources based on the seminar theme
- Full day seminars - 9 am to 3 pm
- Breakfast, lunch and CPDU credits provided
- Open to all Chicago area teachers at no cost
- Limit of two teachers per school per seminar
If you have questions or require more information contact Rachel Rooney, Program Director, at email@example.com.