5:45 - 7:45 pm
Cost and Registration Information
Early Registration Price (by September 1): $275
Regular Price (after September 1): $303
Online registration is closed. If you would like to regsiter, please call (312) 255-3700.
What does Shakespeare say about the influence of families on leaders, the balance of a leader’s personal goals with advice from intimate advisors and how elements beyond the control of humans affect the successful leadership of a country? We will read, view video performances of, and discuss three of Shakespeare’s plays, King John, King Lear, and Henry VIII to discover the universal truths in the public and private lives of absolute power. Nine sessions.
John Nygro is a lecturer, actor, and musician in the Chicago area with a thirty-year career in the arts whose talks have been heard at universities, libraries and on radio.
- The Oxford Shakespeare, King John. ISBN-13: 978-0199537143
- The Oxford Shakespeare, The History of King Lear. ISBN-13: 978-0199535828
- The Oxford Shakespeare, King Henry VIII. ISBN-13: 978-0199537433
- Note: Students may purchase or use any edition of these titles.
- For the first session, please read Acts 1 and 2 of King John.