Updates Regarding COVID-19
Updated July 29, 2021, 6:01 pm
Our reading rooms are open to anyone who is at least 14 years old and curious about the humanities. Reading room hours are Tuesday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm. Learn about getting your reader card to begin doing research with us.
The exhibition galleries are open as well, with Jeffrey Gibson: Sweet Bitter Love currently on view. No tickets or reservations are required. Gallery hours are Tuesday – Friday, 10 am – 4 pm and Saturday, noon – 4 pm.
Please help us maintain a safe learning environment by:
- Wearing a face mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status
- Social distancing whenever possible
- Staying home if you are sick (or have been in contact with someone who is sick) and visiting us another time
Learn more by reading our FAQ for visitors.
There are myriad ways to connect with the Newberry at a distance:
- Watch a video tour of our spring 2021 exhibition Viva la Libertad: Latin America and the Age of Revolutions.
- Browse, study, and remix some 2 million digital images from our collection online
- Use our digital resources for students, teachers, and scholars
- Tune in to virtual programs
- Join our corps of online volunteers and help transcribe letters and diaries from our archival collections
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for virtual assistance with your research