Updates Regarding COVID-19
Updated November 19, 2020, 5:20pm
To aid Chicago’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the Newberry is closed to the public until further notice.
We’re closely monitoring information from the city and state and will update this page with news regarding library operations. Our highest priority is the health and safety of Newberry staff, researchers, and visitors. While the building is closed, we’ll continue to support your research, teaching, and learning by providing free access to our collections and digital resources online.
There are myriad ways to connect with the Newberry at a distance:
- Watch a video tour of the fall 2020 exhibition Renaissance Invention: Stradanus’s “Nova Reperta”
- Browse, study, and remix more than 1 million digital images from our collection online
- Use our digital resources for students, teachers, and scholars
- Tune in to virtual programs
- Join our corps of online volunteers and help transcribe letters and diaries from our archival collections
- Email email@example.com for virtual assistance with your research