In this class, we’re traveling to South Asia to examine the mysteries from six countries over six weeks. The first part of each class will be a presentation on the country’s history, culture and mystery tradition. The second half will be a lively discussion of the mystery assigned for the week.
Tom Irvine manages an Information Technology department during the day and teaches literature and history at night.
- Harini Nagendra, The Bangalore Detective Club: A Novel. Pegasus Crim, 2022. ISBN: 9781639361596
- H. R. F. Keating, The Perfect Murder. Academy Chicago Publishers, 2004. ISBN: 9780897330787
- Kiswar Desai, Witness the Night. Simon & Schuster Ltd, 2012. ISBN: 9781471101526
- Aamina Ahmad, The Return of Faraz Ali. Riverhead Books, 2022. ISBN: 9780593330180
- Shamini Flint, Inspector Singh Investigates: A Most Peculiar Malaysian Muder. Felony & Mayhem Press, 2011. ISBN: 9781934609887
- Jamyang Norbu, Sherlock Holmes: The Missing Years; The Adventures of the Great Detective in India and Tibet. Bloomsbury USA, 1999. ISBN: 9781582341323
- Please read The Bangalore Detective Club: A Novel by Harini Nagendra for the first class.
Cost and Registration
Six sessions, $255 ($230 for Newberry members, seniors, and students). Learn about becoming a member.
To register multiple people for this class, please go through the course calendar in Learning Stream, our registration platform. When you select the course and register, you’ll be prompted to add another registrant.Register