Cost and Registration Information
Early Registration Price (by February 10): $200
Regular Price (after February 10): $220
The present moment in American theater is one of its richest and most exciting. In a discussion and lecture based seminar, we will examine this moment by considering the plays of Tony Kushner, Margaret Edson, Tracy Letts, Paula Vogel, Neil LaBute, and others. Controversial, progressive, and challenging; these plays are among the most riveting the American theater has produced. We will also examine the important role Chicago is currently playing in this exciting theatrical moment. Eight sessions.
Todd Bauer, who holds an MA in Liberal Studies from Northwestern University, is a playwright and director whose work has been staged in Chicago, New York, and at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C..
- Any edition of the following plays is acceptable:
- How I Learned to Drive - Paula Vogel
- Angels in America - Tony Kushner
- Topdog/Underdog - Suzan-Lori Parks
- Doubt - John Patrick Shanley
- Wit - Magarey Edsen
- Bash - Neil LaBute
- Proof - David Auburn
- August, Osage County - Tracy Letts
- Please read any edition of How I Learned to Drive by Paula Vogel for the first class.