Give to the Newberry
Thank you for your support!
At the Newberry, scholars and members of the public are invited to study collection materials spanning six centuries and to take part in the many programs we offer throughout the year. Your support is critical to helping us achieve our mission to conserve and build this world-renowned collection and make it available to anyone who wishes to use it, free of charge. Thank you for your interest in supporting the lifelong learning and civic engagement the Newberry makes possible for thousands of visitors each year. We invite you to join our community by becoming a donor today.
How you can help
There are many ways that individuals, organizations, foundations, and corporate partners can support the Newberry, including but not limited to:
- Making a gift to the Annual Fund and becoming a member
- Donating books and materials to the Book Fair or to our collection
- Shopping at the Book Fair in July or at the Newberry Bookstore year-round
- Purchasing a ticket to the Newberry Library Award Dinner
- Sponsoring an upcoming exhibition or program series
- Creating a book fund
- Joining one of our giving societies, such as the Society of Collectors, the Pargellis Society, the Heritage and Genealogical Society, and the Blatchford Society
- Including the Newberry in your estate plan
You are welcome to contact the Development Office staff listed below for more information about making a gift.
Contact the Development Office
We would love to hear from you! If you have questions about your support, we encourage you to contact the appropriate staff member. For information about:
- …giving to the Annual Fund and becoming a member, please contact Alexandra Katich, Director of Annual Giving, at (312) 255-3599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- …making a planned gift through your estate, or for information about joining the Society of Collectors, the Blatchford Society, or the Heritage and Genealogical Society, please contact Sarah Alger, Director of Development, at (312) 255-3544 or email@example.com.
- …the Board of Trustees, foundation support, or corporate sponsorship opportunities and the Pargellis Society, please contact Meredith Petrov, Director of Governance and External Relations, at (312) 255-3687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- …the Newberry’s annual Book Fair, the Award Dinner, or events for donors, please contact Jo Anne Moore, Associate Director of Development Events, at (312) 255-3556 or email@example.com.
- …donating to the Book Fair, please contact Dan Crawford, Book Fair Manager, at (312) 255-3501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries, please contact Wendy Buta at (312) 255-3581 or email@example.com.